Huge WTF. It’s been three weeks since I last blogged and a month since I last wrote a book review. My schedule has been bombarded with endless final papers, homework, projects, quizzes. The weight of my eye bags are literally on point, guys. Right now, it’s been a constant relief that my brain have not malfunctioned nor exploded.
Hmm.. I wonder how my brain is still intact and sane… oh duh! I know why. It’s all creds to my newest obsession: the Bullet Journal.
If you are all unfamiliar with what this is… No it’s not something you shoot bullets at.
Bullet Journal (n.) – A system where I can express myself. It’s a way of tracking my life.
What I use and things that you could use too:
All of those listed above will be useless if you don’t have the main ingredient, which is your choice of notebook for a bullet journal! I use a Leuchtturm 1917 (apparently it’s the bigger size), which I actually found in my house so boom I didn’t spend any money at all. (*But note you can use any notebook!)
Getting ready to start
- What would you like to see in your Bullet Journal?
- Daily to-do’s
- Monthly calenders (that consists of events, due dates, special dates)
- Habit tracker
- Journaling (let it all out)
- A sense of YOU! through the things you place in there. (Doodly doodles, your photos, knick knacks).
These are usually what my pages consist of. Your Bullet Journal can be as random as you want it to be! What’s important is that you love the pages you make.
2. What is your style?
You wanna go all pop of color and fun? Or go all out simple with dem black pens? I’m a mix of both to be honest. If I decide to show my fun side, I make sure that I’m in control and that I don’t just vomit rainbows into the pages.
3. Index page?
I still haven’t wrote down the table of contents found in my bullet journal but from my observations, recording down the pages allows organization so you won’t lose a page!
4. The Key helps a lot
It’s your choice to make your key. An asterisk for the important events, a box for to-do’s, a dash for random happenings, an exclamation point for urgent tasks, the list is endless!!!
5. Monthly log, weekly log, daily log? All-in-one?
It wholly depends on you. A monthly log lets you view your month in one glance. A weekly log shows a more in-depth view of what’s in store for your week. Lastly, a daily log consists of to-do’s, events, random events, all in the form of bullets.
It’s only been a month since I started yet I was so obsessed that I’ve been using my Bullet Journal everyday. So far, here are some pages that I made. (Just don’t laugh at my silly doodles).
Things you should take note of!
- Mistakes are bound to happen. Don’t be such a perfectionist. For my part, I’m so guilty with this because I’m a total perfectionist especially with the small details but I’m working on in it! So please don’t keep tearing out your pages, the bullet journal is innocent!!
- Treat your bullet journal as a best friend. Write how your day has been, your goals, to-do’s. The bullet journal does not care how weird you are with whatever you do. So make it a habit to write on it everyday.
- Have fun! Don’t be stress about writing on it everyday. Bullet journaling is not an obligation so just write on it whenever you feel like you want to let everything out, figuratively.
So there you guys go. My bullet journal pages, tips, things to remember. I hope you guys have lots-o-fun with your bullet journal!